What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or double-queen room
- Daily self-parking for one vehicle per room per night
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Wilmington, within walking distance of live entertainment at the Grand Opera House and The Queen Theater. The hotel is also in an ideal home base for tax-free shopping trips at nearby malls or day trips to Philadelphia: it’s close to an Amtrak station and I-95.
- Hotel and in-room amenities include fitness center on property, room service, complimentary WiFi, and a mini-fridge for chilling drinks.
- Year-round fun in the indoor pool
Wilmington, Delaware: 17th-Century Colony with Famed American-Art Museum
Wilmington was first founded as a Swedish colony in 1638; naturally, it has no shortage of historical sites. A highlight among them is Fort Christina Park. Though the real ancient fort no longer stands, you can sail the Delaware River aboard a re-creation of the 139-foot Kalmar Nyckel, the settlers’ ship that brought numerous Swedes to the area. This full-size vessel features ornate carvings, seven working cannons, and masts that rise up to 10 stories into the sky. The ship docks near the Wilmington Riverfront, which follows the Christina River. A stroll through this green thoroughfare takes you past myriad cultural institutions, waterfront cafés, and art-deco architecture.
But the city’s most popular cultural center lies outside of downtown. The Delaware Art Museum is home to a vast collection of American art, including many by Edward Hopper, John Sloan, and Howard Pyle. Pyle is also credited with having started the Brandywine School at the end of the 19th century, a local organization that helped to usher in the golden age of American illustration.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: self parking included with stay.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Indoor saline pool
- 24-hour fitness center
- 24-hour sundries shop
Some hotel services may not be available or may be limited during your visit. The following services and amenities are available, but with reduced service: Business Center, Fitness Center, Pool. The following services and amenities are currently not available: Complimentary Evening Social, Concierge, Executive Lounge, On-site Restaurant(s), Room Service, Valet Parking
The Fine Print
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Self Parking included in covered garage for 1 vehicle per room per night
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
- Nearest airport: Philadelphia International (PHL; 21 mi)
- Cab fare: about $65 from PHL, including a 15% tip
- Distance from Philadelphia: 32 miles