About 25 minutes from downtown Detroit, this all-suites hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and suites with full kitchens
Hotel at a Glance: TownePlace Suites Detroit Warren
Situated 1 mile from the GM Tech Center, TownePlace Suites Detroit Warren is just 25 minutes away from downtown Detroit. The all-suites hotel features free hot breakfast, an indoor pool, and suites with full kitchens, positioning guests for a comfortable, convenient stay.
- Start the day right with fresh fruit, warm cinnamon rolls, eggs, bagels, and more from the hotel’s free hot breakfast.
- Make a splash during a day at the heated indoor pool.
- Full kitchens with stoves, full-size refrigerators, microwaves, and dishwashers are in every suite.
- Break a sweat during a workout in the 24-hour fitness center.
- Explore the area: Guests can see a grizzly bear or a green tree python at the Detroit Zoo, located 9 miles away.
Detroit: World-Class Museums and Revitalization Projects in the Motor City
The Motor City has certainly seen better days, but if you’re willing to look, you can still find a lot of worthwhile things to do and see. The downtown area has many top-flight cultural institutions and museums, and an influx of young people and artists are working to revitalize the city.
The 658,000-square-foot Detroit Institute of Arts, located downtown, comprises 100 galleries, an auditorium, a lecture hall, and a reference library. Among its vast collection: a dragon-tile relief from the Ishtar Gate of Babylon and a self-portrait of Vincent van Gogh. One of the city’s most fascinating art displays can’t be found at a museum or gallery. Tyree Guyton’s The Heidelberg Project is two blocks of once-decrepit houses that have been transformed into an open-air art installation, with colorful sculptures made out of discarded items including stuffed animals, vinyl records, old shoes, and scrap metal.