Hotel at a Glance: Treasure Island Ocean Club
The Treasure Island Ocean Club hotel is nestled against the city’s greatest attraction: the beach. Soft white sand stretches to the hotel’s outdoor pool deck, offering two great spots for soaking up the sun.
- Go for a swim in the hotel’s outdoor pool, which is surrounded by lounge chairs and a manicured lawn.
- Grab a drink at the hotel’s poolside bar.
- Wake up in paradise: Your room—outfitted with a fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker—is just steps from the beach.
- Cook out on one of the hotel’s grills, or head to nearby Middle Grounds Grill for juicy steak and fresh seafood.
- Free Beach Rides: A complimentary shuttle service is just a phone call away.
Treasure Island, Florida: Three Miles of White-Sand Beachfront
Treasure Island got its name after a group of enterprising hotel owners buried—and later “discovered”—a couple of fake treasure chests along the beach. In spite of their farce, the name stuck. So all right, you won’t find any buried treasure here, but surely you can console yourself with 3 miles of white sand along the Gulf of Mexico. Head to the middle of the island for extra-wide beaches lined with shops, restaurants, and bars. There’s also a walking pier that runs parallel to the shoreline between 104th and 119th Avenues.
A great way to explore Treasure Island and nearby beach communities is by taking the Suncoast Beach Trolley. It runs along the Gulf coast from St. Pete Beach to Clearwater, stopping at many popular beaches along the way. Just across the bridge, St. Petersburg’s charming waterfront downtown is also worth a visit. You’ll find art-deco buildings, broad streets lined with palm trees, and the Dali Museum, which displays many of the paintings, sculptures, and melted timepieces of surrealist master Salvador Dalí.