Resort at a Glance: TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
The TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde hotel is so new it hasn’t even opened yet. With this Groupon, you can be among the first to enjoy the property’s fresh accommodations and prime location just steps from the beach and just a short drive from Old San Juan, El Yunque National Forest, and many other top Puerto Rico attractions.
- Start the day right with a complimentary breakfast.
- Added perk: Two drinks are included with your stay.
- Fill up with onsite dining options.
- Take a dip in the outdoor swimming pool.
San Juan, Puerto Rico: Cosmopolitan City with Rich Spanish Heritage and Excellent Surfing and Fishing
Located along the northeastern coast of Puerto Rico, San Juan is a city of superlatives: it is the largest city on the island, one of the oldest colonial cities that lies on US territory, and it operates one of the busiest seaports in the world. And though San Juan is certainly modern, it also preserves quite a bit of its Spanish heritage.
At the mouth of the San Juan Bay, you’ll find the blue cobblestone streets of Old San Juan, which are lined with museums, churches, and military forts dating back to the 16th century. The San Juan National Historic Site features well-preserved buildings such as El Morro, a castle-like fortress built to defend the city from seaborne enemies and serve as a party house whenever the mayor went out of town.
Strong waves and constant winds keep windsurfers and kiteboarders busy in San Juan, and sailboats ring the marinas year-round. But the island might be best known for its deep-sea fishing. Numerous charter boats can take you out to fish for tarpon, blue marlin, and mahi-mahi.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property is about 2 miles from Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU). Cab fare is about $12 each way.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests, and no additional occupants are allowed in the valid Groupon room type.
3. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this Groupon.
4. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations for the onsite restaurant are not required, and the dress code is semi-casual.