What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a two-double lodge room
- Select option includes daily $20 adventure credit (valid towards archery & airgun range, GPS scavenger hunt, paddleboarding class, mountain bike rental, Fly Fishing class, guided nature hike, guided kayaking)
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a two-double lodge room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $12 daily lodging fee paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Property at a Glance: Unicoi State Park and Lodge
Unicoi State Park and Lodge overlooks the rolling landscape of northern Georgia’s Blue Ridge Mountains. Nestled near Unicoi Lake, its spacious cabins and lodge rooms are set amid more than 1,000 acres of protected wilderness. Postcard-perfect views can be had from the lodge’s picture windows and the cabins’ outdoor spaces.
- Lodge rooms have WiFi and are close to the restaurant and the tavern.
- Locally sourced ingredients power the Southern-inspired menu at Unicoi Restaurant.
- Local beers and custom pizzas are enjoyed at Smith Creek Tavern.
- Things to do: Hiking and biking trails weave across the park, and guests can fish for trout from lakeside docks or stream banks.
Helen, Georgia: Replica Bavarian Village Surrounded by the Appalachians
In 1968, the townspeople of Helen, Georgia—a struggling sawmill town in the Blue Ridge Mountains—hatched a dramatic plan to reinvigorate the economy and boost tourism. Led by local business owners and artists, Helen adopted a German identity, complete with cobblestone alleys, timber-frame cottages, and Old-World towers. Ever since, the town has thrived as a Bavarian-style village, now welcoming nearly two million visitors a year. Several festivals take place in the town every year, most notably a hot-air balloon race, a German-style Mardi Gras, and an eight-week-long Oktoberfest.
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Helen is also home to some incredible countryside scenery. Unicoi State Park and Lodge contains trout streams, mountain-biking trails, and a freshwater lake. The Appalachian National Scenic Trail passes nearby, and the Anna Ruby Falls drop off in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. The area’s natural setting lends itself to scenic outdoor activities, including tubing down the Chattahoochee River.
Two-Double Lodge Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $12 lodging fee includes: state park pass, WiFi, daily newspaper available in the lobby, infused water or seasonal beverage in the lobby, in-room coffee service, unlimited local and toll-free calls (long-distance access available), and shuttle service to and from Helen.
- Parking: please contact property for parking options and fees.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Restaurant and tavern
- Miles of hiking and biking trails
- Lake and stream fishing
- Family events
- WiFi in lodge and conference center
- Outdoor amphitheater
- Shuttle to and from Helen
The Fine Print
- 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $12 daily lodging fee paid at check-in
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Unicoi State Park and Lodge
- Nearest airports: Athens-Ben Epps (AHN; 71 mi) and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta (ATL; 99 mi)
- Distance from Atlanta: 90 miles