We’ll let you know the name and exact address of your hotel after you purchase the deal: Look in the redemption instructions for this deal, found in My Groupons in your account and on your email confirmation.
Hotel at a Glance: 2.5-Star Chincoteague Island Hotel
During your stay at this Chincoteague Island hotel, you’ll want to carve out time to visit the sun deck. Here you can watch boats cruise past or catch a stunning sunset over the bay. Chincoteague Island excels at quiet relaxation, thanks to miles of untouched beachfront and friendly locals; this bayside hotel gives you easy access to its many peaceful spots.
- Go for a swim in the heated indoor pool and hot tub.
- Wake up to a free breakfast of eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, hot waffles and much more.
- In-room amenities include a private waterfront balcony, microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, charging station, and free WiFi.
- Squeeze in a workout at the onsite fitness center.
- Attractions within 5 minutes: Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge on Assateague Island and the NASA Visitors Center at the Wallops Flight Facility, where meteorological rockets are often launched
- Christmas by the Sea: If you come during the holiday season, you can take in lighting displays, a parade, visits from St. Nick, and many other special events.
Chincoteague, Virginia: Sleepy Fishing Village with Unspoiled Coastline near Assateague Island
An island along the northern Virginia coastline, Chincoteague has the charm of a worn-in fishing village. There are no noisy boardwalks or sky-scraping hotels here—just quiet shops and virgin beaches. A popular way to explore the island’s winding waterways is on a boat tour; many make stops along the way for passengers to collect seashells or sample a raw oyster or two.
Be sure to cross the bay to neighboring Assateague Island to explore the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Its most famous residents are the Chincoteague wild ponies, who’ve lived on the island for hundreds of years. Rent a bicycle and pedal through the protected marshy habitat. There is another herd of wild horses further north along the Assateague National Seashore, a sprawling stretch of unspoiled beaches, with nary a condo or billboard in sight.