Top Reasons to Stay at Valley Brook Inn & Cottages
- Located about 1.5 hours north of New York City, this rustic resort sits on wooded terrain in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains.
- The tranquil grounds are filled with manicured lawns, lush greenery, and a babbling brook.
- All one-bedroom cottages feature full kitchens, pine wood accents, and spacious porches overlooking the woods.
- You can spend your days lounging by the outdoor pool or playing games of volleyball, basketball, and horseshoes.
- At night, you can take in the picturesque scenery while cozying up around one of the outdoor fire pits.
- The cottages are within walking distance of curiosity shops and ethnic eateries in the quaint downtown area of Wurtsboro.
- The Catskills abound with hiking trails and fishing streams stocked with trout.
Wurtsboro, New York: Quaint Country Village with Hiking and Fishing Opportunities in the Catskill Mountains
The quaint village of Wurtsboro is located in New York’s stunning Catskill region about 80 miles north of New York City. Dotted with forested mountains and winding country roads, it provides a scenic backdrop for droves of motorcyclists and fall foliage enthusiasts who pass through the area every year. One of the most popular local attractions is the old-fashioned Canal Towne Emporium, where you can browse a collection of vintage toys, penny candies, and handcrafted American furniture.
Another draw is fly-fishing. Those looking for a fresh catch can head to nearby Beaverkill River, which is stocked with brown and rainbow trout. You can learn about the history of the sport at the state-of-the-art Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum, located 40 minutes from the resort. The museum houses dozens of meticulously crafted flies, rods, and reels, and it even offers fly-tying classes for beginners. Hikers and rock climbers, meanwhile, should head to nearby Minnewaska State Park Preserve to tackle the imposing Shawangunk Mountain Ridge.