Top Reasons to Visit Ventana Inn & Spa
- Go hiking, look out on the Pacific Ocean, or just stargaze here—this adults-only resort is secluded amid 243 acres of meadows and wooded hillsides in Big Sur, California.
- Everyday the inn hosts yoga and Pilates classes as well as afternoon wine and cheese receptions.
- The Spa at Ventana offers a full menu of treatments, including massages and seaweed wraps. For the discounted price of $48, Groupon customers can purchase a 25-minute Focused Fusion massage (a $60 value). Guests can book their massage in advance when booking their reservation or onsite, based on availability.
- The elegant Restaurant at Ventana has an extensive wine list to complement its dishes prepared with locally sourced ingredients.
- There are two heated outdoor pools, one of them clothing-optional; they’re adjacent to a clothing-optional sun deck and Japanese hot baths, which stay open day and night.
- Guest rooms and suites have decks or patios. Some have their own outdoor spa, and all rooms include a wood-burning fireplace.
Guests must be 18 or older stay at Ventana Inn & Spa.
Big Sur, California: Stunning Coastal Scenery Beloved by Famous Authors
In Big Sur, the rugged Santa Lucia Mountains jut directly out of the Pacific Ocean, forging one of the most dramatic vistas in central California. Green and golden flowered meadows carpet the mountain slopes, and a little farther inland, you can hike through redwood groves. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is a must-visit; tucked amid its native black-tailed deer and redwood groves are the 60-foot-high Pfeiffer Falls and Pfeiffer Beach, where sand is streaked with purple from nearby manganese-garnet deposits.
Because of its natural beauty and relative isolation, Big Sur has long attracted artists and writers from across the world. Jack Kerouac and Hunter S. Thompson have spent time here. American writer and painter Henry Miller spent 18 years living in Big Sur, too; in tribute, one of his friends converted a home into the Henry Miller Memorial Library, which celebrates his life and career. Stop here to shop for books or sip a cup of tea right next to a fireplace, just as Miller did.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.