Hotel at a Glance: Verdanza Hotel
The Verdanza Hotel is just a short walk from the golden sands of Isla Verde, Puerto Rico’s resort zone located outside old San Juan. The atmosphere is fun yet relaxing at this sophisticated property, decorated with soothing colors and rich wood accents. To help you enjoy yourself even more, this Groupon comes with two welcome cocktails and, with select options, a daily $25 food and beverage credit for use in the onsite restaurants.
- Dining options include innovative Caribbean cuisine, gourmet burgers, and tapas.
- Outdoor pool with splash park and whirlpool
- In-room amenities: free WiFi, two bottles of water per day, and views of the ocean or gardens
- Upgrade available: Guests may call the property in advance to upgrade to a suite for an additional $50 per night, subject to availability. Free upgrades may also be available at check-in.
San Juan, Puerto Rico: Cosmopolitan City with Rich Spanish Heritage and Excellent Surfing and Fishing
Located along the northeastern coast of Puerto Rico, San Juan is a city of superlatives: it is the largest city on the island, one of the oldest colonial cities that lies on US territory, and it operates one of the busiest seaports in the world. And though San Juan is certainly modern, it also preserves quite a bit of its Spanish heritage.
At the mouth of the San Juan Bay, you’ll find the blue cobblestone streets of Old San Juan, which are lined with museums, churches, and military forts dating back to the 16th century. The San Juan National Historic Site features old but well-preserved buildings such as El Morro, a castle-like fortress built to defend the city from seaborne enemies and serve as a party house whenever the mayor went out of town.
Strong waves and constant winds keep windsurfers and kiteboarders busy in San Juan, and sailboats ring the marinas year-round. But the island might be best known for its deep-sea fishing. Numerous charter boats can take you out to fish for tarpon, blue marlin, and mahi-mahi.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The nearest airport is Luis Muñoz Marín San Juan International Airport (SJU) which is about 3 miles away from the property
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The superior king room has a standard and maximum occupancy of 2 guests
3. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not offered with this deal.
4. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Dinner reservations for the onsite restaurants are not required and dress code is resort casual. For more information about your dining options, please click here.