Hotel at a Glance: Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center
Whether you’re coming to the Catskills to explore nature or just relax with family, Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center has you covered. The indoor pool is open year-round. After sunset, adults can head to one of three nightclubs—Marty’s Lounge plays top-40 hits, while The Mezzanine Piano Bar, has a more intimate setting for after-dinner cocktails.
- Eight dining options: Try dinner in the main dining room, pizza at Ronnie’s Deli, and italian ice at Dolce’s Ice Cream Bar.
- Freshen up your look or let your cares melt away with a massage at the onsite salon and spa.
- Par for the course: The 18-hole, par-71 golf course stretches 6,514 yards and has a challenging back nine.
- Indoor fun: Shoot some pool in the game room or try out one the six indoor bocce-ball courts.
- Game on: Kids will love the onsite arcade, which has a prize center.
Callicoon, New York: A Catskills Escape on the Pennsylvania Border
Just off the shores of the Delaware River lies the little town of Callicoon, a sleepy getaway in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains. The Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River parkland give you ample opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. Black bass, walleye, and muskellunge are prevalent in the river, making it a big destination for fishing. The waters are swift and white-capped, too, making the river a popular spot for kayakers and canoers. Hiking is plentiful as well.
Visitors can hit another type of trail altogether—the pottery trail. It makes stops at various local pottery studios where you can purchase unique art. The Antique Center of Callicoon, has three stories full of prints, jewelry, and vintage clothing. And for something more offbeat, schedule a visit with one of several alpaca farms. After a long day of exploring, head downtown to the Callicoon Brewing Company, which serves up original pale ales and porters.