Top Reasons to Visit Village Inn
- Located less than a half mile from the quaint town of Blowing Rock, Village Inn is a quiet mountain getaway and an ideal base for exploring the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Traditional king guest rooms are elegantly decorated and outfitted with area rugs, hardwood floors, 30-inch flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, and coffeemakers.
- The peaceful landscaped grounds feature a pond with a small island.
- In the morning, head to the Nickajack Lodge for a complimentary breakfast near the stone fireplace. You can also sit back and watch the 60-inch flat-screen TV.
- The inn serves an evening complimentary guest reception with cheese and wine.
- Village Inn is just a short walk from Blowing Rock’s Main Street, where you can browse shops and grab a bite to eat.
Blowing Rock, North Carolina: Scenic Hikes and Skiing in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Blowing Rock is located on the edge of the 500,000-acre Pisgah National Forest in northeastern North Carolina. The town, named for a rock formation, is a home base for outdoor recreation in the Blue Ridge Mountains—especially hiking, whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, and horseback riding. Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, a historic estate on 3,600 acres of forests and meadows, has 26 miles of carriage roads designated for walking and horseback riding. To see the sights from a car, head to the Blue Ridge Parkway, a scenic motorway through the Appalachians.
Aside from the parkway, there’s plenty to do year-round here, from whitewater rafting and fly-fishing in the summer to cross-country and downhill skiing in the cooler months. About 25 miles northwest of Blowing Rock is Beech Mountain Resort, a popular ski spot with 15 trails for all skill levels. According to Fodor’s, it’s the highest ski area in the eastern United States, at 5,500 feet above sea level.
Back in town, Blowing Rock’s Main Street is lined with antique shops, boutiques, and upscale bistros. Bargain hunters might want to stop by Tanger Outlets, home to Banana Republic, Loft, and Polo Ralph Lauren outlet stores.