Hotel at a Glance: Virage Hotel
This chic hotel gives guests easy access to Siesta Key Beach, which Travel + Leisure praised as one of the “world’s nicest beaches.” Complimentary shuttles ferry you to Siesta Key or Nokomis Beach to spend a day in the sun.
- Stylish guest rooms feature iPod docking stations and Keurig coffeemakers.
- Mod decor and bold black and white accents trim the boutique hotel’s interior.
- Osprey Tiki Bar & Grille serves up refreshing drinks and savory entrees.
- Rise and shine with complimentary continental breakfast.
- Outdoor pool surrounded by colorful lounge chairs and shaded cabanas
- Stay connected with free WiFi and cable TV.
Osprey, Florida: Peaceful Town near Sarasota’s Beaches
The quiet town of Osprey rests on the Intracoastal Waterway, a short ride from Sarasota’s world-famous beaches and home to several scenic landscapes of its own. At the Oscar Scherer State Park, you can canoe down blackwater creeks and hike through flat-wood forests, home to scrub jays and other rare waterfowl.
Drive about 20 minutes north to reach Sarasota, where sunbathers and surfers flock to the popular Siesta Key Beach. Here, the sand is so white that it almost looks like freshly fallen snow. Sarasota was also the home of circus bigwig John Ringling. Today, you can explore his elaborate mansion and see circus memorabilia and baroque art at the Ringling Museum Complex. Retro circus posters and a scale-model replica of the big top are some of the collection’s standout pieces. Another Sarasota highlight is the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, home to more than 20,000 types of bromeliads and orchids, easily the largest assortment on earth.