Top Reasons to Visit Washington Suites Alexandria
- The hotel is centrally located in the Potomac River region, just 9 miles south of the National Mall in Washington, DC, and 3.5 miles from Old Town Alexandria’s historical attractions.
- Guest suites at this AAA Three Diamond hotel feature living rooms with flat-screen TVs and kitchens stocked with pots, pans, dishes, and refrigerators.
- The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Van Dorn Street Metro station, which heads into the heart of Washington, DC.
- The Lounge, the hotel’s bar and restaurant, serves burgers, pizzas, tater tots, and other American-style entrees.
- If you’re a first-time visitor, start at the National Mall, home of the Washington Monument, the US Capitol Building, and 10 of the museums of the Smithsonian Institution.
- Stop in the first-floor Colonial Breakfast Room for a complimentary continental breakfast that includes seasonal fruit, cereal, Caribou Coffee, and a hot waffle bar.
- The hotel is just 10 miles from Mount Vernon, the 14-room mansion along the Potomac where George Washington and his family lived.
Alexandria, Virginia: Historical Sites and Cobblestone Streets near Washington, DC
Situated about 8 miles south of Washington, DC, on the banks of the Potomac River, Alexandria was once the stomping grounds of some of America’s most legendary figures. In Old Town, the city’s official historic district, George Washington surveyed his troops from the door of Gadsby’s Tavern. Years later, a young Robert E. Lee worshipped at Christ Church, a Georgian-style church built in 1773. Today, guided walking tours pass by both of these landmarks, as well as a dozen other historic sites and museums. These tours meander down brick sidewalks and cobblestone streets lined with more than 2,000 buildings that date back to the 18th and 19th centuries.
To see even more of the city, hop on the Free King Street Trolley. The trolley runs every 15 minutes between the waterfront and King St-Old Town Metro station, stopping at 20 cultural and historic attractions along the way. You can easily get to many of Washington, DC’s best attractions on the Metro, including Arlington National Cemetery, the Smithsonian museums, and the Washington Monument.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.