Hotel at a Glance: Waters Edge Ocean Resort
Located right on the beach, Waters Edge Ocean Resort really does puts guests on the water's edge. Sandy beaches and Atlantic waves create a carefree atmosphere, while the hotel's suites provide homey comfort with sunny sitting rooms and full kitchens, which include a microwave, stove, and oven. The Wildwoods Boardwalk along the Jersey Shore is only a few blocks away.
- Enjoy the view from your room's common patio or private balcony.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool, or just catch some sun on the rooftop sundeck.
- Go for a ride on the 105-foot tall roller coaster at Adventure Pier, which is only a 15-minute walk from the hotel.
- Play some pool in the onsite game room.
- Stay connected: with the free WiFi
The Wildwoods, New Jersey: Classic Boardwalk Fun and Doo-Wop-Era History
Less than an hour south of Atlantic City, you'll find the Wildwoods, a cluster of towns set on a barrier island just off New Jersey's southernmost point. Though the area is more subdued than Atlantic City, families will still find a dizzying assortment of carnival rides, malt shops, and arcade games along the Wildwoods Boardwalk.
During the 1950s and '60s, the area became a hot spot for up-and-coming rock and doo-wop singers, including Chubby Checker, Bill Haley, and Bobby Rydell, who immortalized the city's carefree spirit in the tune “Wildwood Days.” You can learn more about the era at the Doo Wop Experience and Neon Sign Garden, which pays homage to mid-20th-century music, decor, and advertising.