What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
✈ CDC Travel Order: Effective 1/26/21 all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country must get tested for COVID-19 infection no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight. More information on this testing requirement can be found here.
COVID-19 Testing: As part of their health and safety measures, Whistling Bird Resort, has arrangements with two local providers offering rapid COVID-19 testing for a nominal fee. Both providers are in walking distance of the resort. Guests may schedule the appointment upon check-in. Any guests testing positive for COVID-19 will receive a discounted nightly rate, while they quarantine for 14 days. More information can be found here.
- Stay for two in a one-room cottage
- Select option is all-inclusive
Included in all-inclusive option:
- Daily breakfast
- Daily dinner
Hotel at a Glance: Whistling Bird Resort
It’s easy to forget about the rest of the world from Whistling Bird Resort’s spot on Seven-Mile Beach. From each of the resort’s palm-shaded cottages, paths to the waterfront are lined with hibiscus flowers, birds of paradise, and towering tropical ferns that evoke the feeling of walking through an isolated rainforest. And at the white-sand beach itself, an oceanside tiki bar provides isolation from the bustle of public beaches.
- Choice of perks: Some options come with the all-inclusive package.
- All-inclusive options: include breakfast and dinner.
- Private cottages blend tropical island architecture with modern amenities; think thatched roofs and walk-in showers.
- Colorful sunsets: The resort’s west-facing beach is furnished with plenty of lounge chairs for basking in the heat or watching the sun set over the ocean.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the public beach.
- Room with a view: From your hotel’s window or balcony, you’ll be able to see ocean views.
Negril, Jamaica: Laid-Back Beach Town with Picturesque Sunsets, Snorkeling, and Cliff Diving
Located on Jamaica’s western coast, Negril is known for its white-sand beaches, dramatic rugged cliffs, and coral reefs lying just offshore in the Caribbean. Its underwater beauty makes the town a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkeling at Negril Marine Park, and anglers have found the sea filled with blue marlin, wahoo, and mahi-mahi. The city has a front-row seat to some of the world’s most beautiful sunsets, and people often climb to the top of waterfront cliffs just to watch. At Rick’s Cafe, which is listed in the book 1,000 Places To See Before You Die, groups congregate every night to watch the sun dip below the horizon; some brave adventurers even leap off the 35-foot cliffs into the water.
Often called “the capital of casual,” Negril is best defined by its laid-back vibe, from the slow and steady rhythm of the indigenous reggae music to its unofficial uniform—swimsuits and flip-flops. Running along the town is Seven Mile Beach, a stretch of powdery, white-sand coastline that earned a spot on Frommer’s Best Beaches in the Caribbean list. The town center comprises a shopping mall and a craft market where visitors can pick up locally produced goods.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Sangster International Airport (MBJ) is approximately 33 miles from the property. Shuttle service is available for an additional fee; contact the property for additional details.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? This deal covers two guests. Additional occupants are not allowed.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call 844-634-7450.
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 2 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Beach access
- Complimentary WiFi
- Restaurant and bar
- Tour arrangement assistance
The Fine Print
- 31-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must present valid US or Canadian ID at check-in
- All prices and charges listed in US Dollars
- Purchases are in US Dollars
- Foreign exchange fee may apply
- Airfare not included
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Whistling Bird Resort
- Nearest airport: Sangster International (MBJ; 48 mi)
- Distance from Montego Bay: 48 miles