What You Get
- Stay for up to four in a superior suite, or stay for up to eight in a three-bedroom suite
- Dates into January 2017
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Whiteface Lodge
The all-suite Whiteface Lodge is set in the woodlands surrounding the town of Lake Placid. Suites feature handcrafted furnishings, full kitchens, cast-iron fireplaces, and jetted tubs. Private cedar and mahogany balconies or slate patios provide views of the mountains.
- Award winner: named the No. 1 Lake Placid romantic getaway by ResortsandLodges.com
- Locally inspired menu at Kanu, where the sommelier pairs each entree with a wine
- Build a sundae at the ice cream parlor.
- Relax in style at the spa, named 1 of the Top 100 US Resort Spas by Condé Nast Traveler readers.
- Olympic Center: Visit the jumping complex, bobsled experience, and “Miracle on Ice” rink.
Lake Placid, New York: Mountain Recreation and Small-Town Charm in the Adirondacks
Nestled in northeastern New York’s Adirondack Mountains, the village of Lake Placid is actually set on the shores of Mirror Lake, just south of Lake Placid proper. Year-round, folks flock to the area to take advantage of its abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation and to see the site of the “Miracle on Ice”—the US hockey team’s heart-stopping upset victory over the Soviets in 1980.
Less than 10 miles away, Whiteface Lake Placid ski resort boasts one of the largest vertical drops east of the Rockies for downhill skiing and snowboarding, and ice-fishers can be seen trying their luck on the surface of the lake. Come springtime, winter sports give way to kayaking trips and scenic hikes along leafy backcountry trails. Along Lake Placid’s quaint Main Street, you’ll find a string of boutiques and curio shops, along with galleries and workshops where you can watch artisans blowing glass. Wine-tasting rooms and bakeries offer a sampling of local flavors.
- One king bed and sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- One king bed, two queen beds, and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 8
- Maximum occupancy: 8
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Fine-dining restaurant, lounge, and ice-cream parlor
- Health and fitness center
- Year-round heated indoor/outdoor swimming pool and hot tubs
- Movie theater
- Game room
- Seasonal outdoor activities
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Whiteface Lodge
- Nearest airport: Burlington International Airport (BVT; 70 miles)
- Distance from Syracuse: 192 miles