Family-friendly resort offers plenty to do for the kids, including three water parks, an arcade, laser tag, mini golf, and more
Hotel at a Glance: Wilderness at the Smokies
Despite its name, you might find a few things at Wilderness at the Smokies that aren’t naturally occurring in the wild. For one, it’s rare that you find water slides growing with the trees, but you’ll definitely find them at the Wilderness at the Smokies. In fact, you’ll find enough to fill three water parks—one indoor and two out. But that’s not all the fun: ropes courses, rock climbing, and a mega arcade full of games are also part of the resort’s entertainment options. This Getaway comes with two, all-stay passes to Adventure Forest which include admission to attractions such as Tree Top Towers, Howlin’ Hound Dog Alley, and Moonshine Run.
- Ready, aim, fire!: Perfect your sharp-shooting at the laser tag arena (additional fee).
- Secret agents welcome: Test out your super-spy skills with the Copperhead, a laser course where you’ll twist and contort your body to avoid the beams.
- Bring your appetite to the onsite Thirsty Miner and Hidden Trail Restaurants, where kids eat free.
- Get creative at paint-your-own-pottery nights.
- Perfect your southern twang at Dollywood, which is about 9 miles away.
- Hike through a different kind of wilderness at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which is about 18 miles away.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee: Family-Friendly Attractions in the Great Smoky Mountains
Though it’s secluded in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Pigeon Forge is home to some quirky destinations, including Dollywood, a Titanic museum that looks just like the famed ocean liner from the outside, and an interactive children’s museum housed in an upside-down three-story building. In Pigeon Forge’s historical town center, a cluster of old-fashioned specialty shops and restaurants forms the Old Mill Square along the Little Pigeon River. Inside the mill, a pair of 4,600-pound granite stones has been grinding grain since the early 1800s.