Kid-friendly Wisconsin Dells resort with four indoor water parks; stay includes two passes for activities like mini golf and laser tag
Hotel at a Glance: Wilderness Hotel and Golf Resort
Located on 600 acres in Wisconsin Dells, they are billed as America’s Largest Waterpark Resort! The resort offers diverse lodging options from hotel rooms to vacation villas, spacious condominiums and luxurious cabins. Waterpark passes are included with your stay, and are exclusively for Wilderness guests! Guest exclusive means no public admission passes are sold which means no overcrowding and their returning guests love that. Wilderness was also recently voted as Top Waterpark in the U.S. by Trip Advisor “Travelers’ Choice” and one of Parents Magazines 10 Best Waterparks. From your little explorers to your adventure seekers, Wilderness waterparks truly have something for everyone. At the Wilderness…you are family.
- Nonstop waterpark fun: includes features like the Black Hole, daring body slides, twisting tube slides, humongous family raft rides, a lazy river, relaxing hot spas, and multi-level play features you might find it hard to enjoy it all in one day. All three waterparks are included with your stay for all registered guests.
- Best Value: Choose the 2-night option for upgraded Fun Passes to Unlimited.
- Northwoods-themed guest rooms are equipped with mini fridges, microwaves, coffeemakers, and WiFi.
- Many great onsite dining options like Klondike Pizza Kitchen (which will deliver to your room or even poolside), Wild Canyon Cafe with hearty buffets, or Survivors Bar & Grill that serves some of the tastiest burgers.
- Indoor Attractions: Find many of the most popular activities around all onsite. Favorites include go-karts, mini golf, laser tag, bumper boats, virtual reality gaming, and sky ropes course.
- The swim-up bar in the Wild WaterDome will make you think you are in the tropics even in the coldest weather.
- 18-hole championship golf: Wild Rock has been voted one of the best golf courses in the state by Wisconsin Meetings Magazine and Golf Digest. Designed by the legendary team of Hurdzan & Fry, known for creating Erin Hills (the site of the 2017 U.S. Open), the rugged course is beautifully chiseled around and through a former quarry. Greens here are expansive and regularly maintained, running fast and true with five sets of tees.
Wisconsin Dells: Picturesque Scenery and Family Entertainment
Before the Dells became synonymous with water parks and amusement rides, the Midwestern destination’s claim to fame was its scenery. Visitors in the mid-1940s came to see the craggy rock formations that frame both sides of the Wisconsin River. These bluffs—or dells—are still visible today from the downtown area, which is rife with kitschy attractions, from mini-golf courses to go-kart tracks.
But it’s safe to say that most visitors nowadays come for the water parks. In fact, the Dells area likely has more water slides per capita than any other spot on the planet. The fun doesn’t stop in the cooler months, either, thanks to a slew of indoor aquatic centers, many of which are nearly as elaborate as their outdoor rivals.