Hotel at a Glance: Windmill Inn of Roseburg
Windmill Inn of Roseburg is the city’s No. 1 hotel on TripAdvisor, and for good reason—the renovated hotel is modern, with a colorful lobby and spacious guest rooms. It also has a convenient location right off I-5, close to shopping malls, restaurants, and Umpqua National Forest.
- Cool off in the heated outdoor pool or relax in the indoor hot tub. Outdoor pool will be closed beginning 10/1.
- Borrow a bike from the front desk and go for a spin around Roseburg.
- Hang out in the outdoor courtyard and play a board game.
- Guest rooms feature microwaves, mini fridges, and free WiFi.
- Grab a snack at the onsite market, which also sells local wine and beer.
- Work out in the onsite fitness center.
Roseburg, Oregon: Timber Capital and Outdoor Splendor
Surrounded on all sides by alpine forests, Roseburg is known as the Timber Capital of the Nation; it was a logging town for much of its past. Today, with its mild, rainy winters and long warm season, Roseburg is an excellent place to visit if you enjoy the great outdoors. Raft on the nearby Umpqua River, or go on a day trip to Umpqua National Forest to hike amid the Cascade Range mountains. You could also take a scenic drive past waterfalls and covered bridges on the Rogue-Umpqua Scenic Byway—keep a lookout for elk and eagles. For swimming, there’s the clothing-optional Umpqua Hot Springs, where you can soak in two pools’ natural hot mineral waters. If you’re looking for indoor fun, the Umpqua Valley is home to nearly 25 wineries offering tours and tastings.