Hotel at a Glance: Wingate by Wyndham
Located near sites such as the Old Town district and St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park the Wingate by Wyndham is a comfortable home base for exploring the city. The hotel also offers free shuttle to nearby attractions and is less than a half hour from the Atlantic Ocean.
- Dig in: A complimentary full hot breakfast includes waffles, scrambled eggs, and fresh fruit.
- Well-appointed rooms and suites feature free WiFi; the king suite has a private hot tub.
- Take a dip: outdoor pool and hot tub
- Notable awards: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2013
- Business travelers can take advantage of meeting and conference rooms.
Highlights of Saint Augustine, Florida
- Fountain of Youth: Explorer Ponce de León christened a clear, bubbling spring in what is today Florida as the coveted fountain. You can see it on a tour of Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park.
- America's oldest European settlement: Spanish settlers populated the surrounding area in 1565.
- Sightseeing trolley: From the Old Town district, it passes centuries-old jails, the oldest wooden schoolhouse, and the colonial mansions of the Spanish Quarter.
- Family-friendly destinations: Potter's Wax Museum and Lightner Museum, which spotlights Tiffany lamps and Victorian costumes
- Fort Mose Historic State Park: Costumed performers depict life in colonial times.