Located half a mile from the entrance to Universal Studios Florida, this family-friendly hotel offers free breakfast and an outdoor pool
Hotel at a Glance: Wingate by Wyndham Convention Center Closest to Universal Orlando
Situated just a half mile from Universal Studios Florida, this hotel is a family-friendly home base for exploring Orlando’s many theme parks. In the Universal Studios Florida park visitors enter the world of their favorite movies and TV shows via interactive attractions based on Despicable Me, The Simpsons, Spider-Man, and more.
- Start the morning right with a complimentary breakfast buffet.
- In-room amenities: TV, microwave, mini-fridge, and coffeemaker
- Stay in shape in the onsite fitness center or the outdoor pool.
- Must-see attraction: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, located at Universal Studios Florida, re-creates Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade with rides, shops, interactive experiences, and all the Butterbeer you can drink.
- Distance from Magic Kingdom® Park: 16 miles
Orlando, Florida: World-Famous Theme Parks and Cultural Surprises
Located in the center of Florida, Orlando may be forever associated with the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks—the world’s most-visited entertainment resort. Spanning roughly 30,000 acres, it encompasses four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Disney Springs® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. One of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is also home to Universal Orlando—which includes The Wizarding World of Harry Potter—SeaWorld, and Gatorland.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.