What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or double-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Florida’s Emerald Coast is famous for its pristine coastline and warm waters. You’ll be close to the waves when you stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Destin. Located less than a mile and a half from public beaches, this upscale hotel gives you easy access to all the splashing, sunbathing, and snorkeling you can stand.
- Complimentary hot breakfast of waffles, hot items, muffins, and bagels.
- In-room amenities: free WiFi and comfortable beds
- Dive in to the outdoor pool and soak away stress in the hotel’s hot tub.
- Work out at the onsite fitness center overlooking the pool.
- Henderson Beach State Park: You’ll be minutes from this public beach, where you can stretch out on a long stretch of white sand.
Destin, Florida: Sugar-Sand Beaches and Lively Fishing Scene
Think of Florida, and the image that comes to mind probably looks a lot like Destin. Located on a thin peninsula overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, Destin’s plentiful beaches are some of the whitest in the world due to the sand’s high concentration of fine quartz crystal. Lay down your towel at Crystal Sands Beach or Henderson Beach State Park, or go swimming and snorkeling at Jetty East Beach. At Gator Beach, you can watch alligators in action from the safety of a beachside bar and grill.
In addition to its beaches, Destin is famous for its fishing culture. The town was established by a fisherman named Captain Leonard Destin and still goes by the nickname “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village.” Any time of year, you can find well over 100 charter boats (and a few party boats) in Destin Harbor, ready to take tourists out on the water. Every autumn, the Destin Fishing Rodeo draws more than 30,000 fishermen hoping to lure in sailfish, marlin, wahoo, and king mackerel—not to mention a big cash prize.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Complimentary hot breakfast
- Complimentary WiFi
- Outdoor pool and hot tub
- Fitness center
- Business center
The Fine Print
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $100 refundable credit card authorization due at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Wingate by Wyndham Destin
- Nearest airport: Northwest Florida Regional Airport (VPS; 20 mi)
- Cab fare: about $55 from VPS, including a 15% tip
- Distance from Mobile, AL: 107 miles