Hotel at a Glance: Wingate By Wyndham Mobile I-10 Bellingrath Gardens
With a 2013 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor to its credit, the Wingate By Wyndham Mobile I-10 Bellingrath Gardens justifiably promises a relaxing, comfortable stay. The hotel is situated just 15 minutes from downtown Mobile.
- Breakfast is served: Daily complimentary hot continental breakfast
- Guest-room amenities: 37-inch flat-screen TVs, workspaces, and free WiFi
- Take a dip: Seasonal outdoor pool
- Work out: Onsite fitness center
- 24-hour business center: With free copy, faxing, and printing services
Mobile, Alabama: Gulf Coast Cultural Center with Historic Homes and Famous Battleship
Once the capital of French Louisiana, the Gulf Coast city of Mobile passed through the hands of three nations—France, England, and Spain—before the U.S. laid claim to it in 1813. Because of its diverse heritage and bustling seaport, Mobile has earned a reputation as one of the Gulf Coast's most important cultural centers. The city boasts several museums, including the acclaimed Mobile Museum of Art, along with professional opera and ballet companies. Nine major historic districts showcase antebellum architectural styles in homes, churches, and cemeteries. For a taste of more recent history, head to the USS Alabama battleship, where you can explore the ship decks and board a WWII submarine.