Top Reasons to Stay at Wingate State Arena
- The hotel is centrally located in Raleigh, making it easy for guests to navigate the city whether they’re there for business or pleasure.
- A free 24-hour shuttle runs to and from Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
- The hotel is minutes from PNC Arena, where you can see shows and North Carolina State University basketball games.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is less than 30 miles away.
- A complimentary deluxe continental breakfast which includes eggs, bacon, or a waffle station is served each morning.
- For lunch and dinner, ask the concierge for recommendations from the more than 1,100 restaurants within a short distance of the hotel.
Raleigh, North Carolina: Academia and Southern Cuisine in the Research Triangle
With Duke University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University all within close proximity, the area around Raleigh is often called the Research Triangle. Just 15 minutes from the hotel is Research Triangle Park, where IBM, Cisco, Credit Suisse, and about 170 other companies have offices.
Thanks in part to the large population of international students, it's not hard to find ethnic restaurants in the area. The college atmosphere also lends itself to several local microbreweries. While you’re here, be sure to try Carolina-style barbecue, best known for its vinegar-infused sauce.
There are several art galleries and museums nearby as well. The North Carolina Museum of Art's collection includes European, African, and American works, with a special exhibit focusing on naturalist John James Audubon’s The Birds of America. In neighboring Durham, you’ll find the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University, which houses works by van Gogh, Picasso, Renoir, and Matisse.