What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for three in a king room or four in a double-queen room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $50 or more refundable deposit or credit card authorization is required at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Wingate by Wyndham Convention Center Closest to Universal Orlando
Situated just a half mile from Universal Studios Florida, this hotel is a family-friendly home base for exploring Orlando’s many theme parks.
- Start the morning right with a complimentary to-go breakfast bags.
- In-room amenities: flat-screen TV, microwave, mini-fridge, and coffeemaker
- Stay in shape in the onsite fitness center or the outdoor pool.
- Must-see attraction: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, located at Universal Studios Florida, re-creates Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade with rides, shops, interactive experiences, and all the Butterbeer you can drink.
- Distance from Magic Kingdom® Park: 16 miles
Orlando, Florida: World-Famous Theme Parks and Cultural Surprises
Located in the center of Florida, Orlando may be forever associated with the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks—the world’s most-visited entertainment resort. Spanning roughly 30,000 acres, it encompasses four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Disney Springs® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. One of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is also home to Universal Orlando—which includes The Wizarding World of Harry Potter featuring an epic new addition, Join Hagrid and Fly into the Forbidden Forest. For the first time ever, fly deep into the wilds of the Forbidden Forest, beyond the grounds of Hogwarts castle. As you twist past towering trees, magical creatures and wondrous surprises surround you. One misstep could drop you into an endless pit of Devil’s Snare, or put you in the sights of a centaur’s bow. Anything can happen here. Or check out Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts where you’ll journey deep underground to encounter Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and have to evade the wrath of Voldemort and Bellatrix.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.
- One king bed and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 3
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Complimentary to-go breakfast bags
- Fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Free shuttle to local attractions (temporarily unavailable)
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $50 or more refundable deposit or credit card authorization is required at check-in
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Wingate by Wyndham Convention Center Closest to Universal Orlando
- Nearest airport: Orlando International Airport (MCO; 16 mi)
- Cab fare: about $65 from MCO, including a 10% tip