Hotel at A Glance: Wood River Inn
The Wood River Inn is set near the border of the Sawtooth National Forest Recreational Area. This upscale, comfortable hotel welcomes travelers with freshly baked cookies and a free hot breakfast every day. It’s close to skiing and mountain hiking trails, as well as the dining options in town.
- Go skiiing at nearby Sun Valley Ski area, which features 14 lifts, tubing areas, and terrain parks.
- Complimentary hot breakfast: Menu items include eggs, waffles, biscuits, and sausage gravy.
- Borrow snowshoes or bikes from the hotel’s front desk free of charge.
- Spacious rooms with classic decor and microwaves
- Take a dip in the indoor pool and hot tub.
Hailey, Idaho: Mountains, Skiing, and Upscale Dining
Hailey is set down in central Idaho’s Wood River Valley, right at the foothills of the Sawtooth National Forest. The slopes of this national park form the town’s backdrop, and you can go walking and mountain biking on its miles of trails. Visitors are drawn to the area year-round to enjoy the scenic splendor. Horseback riding, fishing, and skiing are all big pastimes here, depending on the season. Sun Valley Ski Resort is a major draw, but Hailey also has its own, smaller ski hill, called Rotarun Ski Area, west of downtown.
When you’re ready to head inside, Hailey has a wealth of restaurants, bars, and quaint shops. Head to Sun Valley Brewery for award-winning beers and happy-hour deals. You can also browse outdoor gear at the many shops lining Main Street before heading back to the slopes.