Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
Located on the city's north side, Wyndham Atlanta Galleria has recently been renovated from top to bottom, adding modern styling, a spacious new fitness center, and updated rooms. Close to the Cobb Galleria Centre, one of Atlanta's largest convention centers, the upscale Cumberland Mall, and Perimeter Mall, the hotel is just a 15-minute drive from the heart of downtown.
- Nearby attractions: the CNN Center and the Buckhead entertainment district
- Complimentary shuttle takes guests to sites within a 5-mile radius, including to MARTA stops.
- Chattahoochee Grille offers lavish breakfast buffets with made-to-order omelets in a casual setting. Lunch and dinner are also available.
- Make a splash in the indoor-outdoor pool, which has floor-to-ceiilng windows and a spacious sun deck.
- Elegant lobby with polished marble floors and high-back sofa chairs
Atlanta: Urban Parks and Renowned Aquarium in Capital of the South
Named 1 of 50 Places of a Lifetime by National Geographic, Atlanta lies near the Chattahoochee River in Georgia's northwest region known for its magnolia, pine, and dogwood trees. Despite having a population of more than five million and the world's busiest airport, Atlanta seems to always offer a relaxing escape. You can stroll through 185 acres of botanical gardens, hiking trails, and oaks at Piedmont Park, or study one of the country's largest Civil War exhibitions at the Atlanta History Center.
Anchored by historical Peachtree Street, the city's midtown area boasts a thriving arts-and-culture scene. Opened in 1929, the Fox Theatre features imposing Egyptian architecture and a custom-made organ with a network of 3,622 pipes. Tours take place on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The High Museum of Art spotlights more than 12,000 pieces of contemporary and folk art, ranging from Renaissance paintings to photographs from the civil-rights era. If you're traveling with kids, check out the Georgia Aquarium, located downtown at Centennial Olympic Park. Considered the world's largest aquarium with more than 8 million gallons of fresh and marine water and more than 100,000 animals, the aquarium is home to beluga whales, lionfish, whale sharks, bottlenose dolphins, and many more.