Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
Located on the city's north side, Wyndham Atlanta Galleria has recently been renovated from top to bottom, adding modern styling, a spacious new fitness center, and updated rooms to its business-district setting. Close to the Cobb Galleria Centre, one of Atlanta's largest convention centers, and the upscale Cumberland Mall, the hotel is a 15-minute drive away from the heart of downtown Atlanta.
- Quiet but close to: Attractions such as the CNN Center and the Buckhead Entertainment District
- Hot tip: The hotel has a complimentary shuttle that takes guests to sites within a 5-mile radius.
- Chattahoochee Grill offers lavish breakfast buffets with made-to-order omelets—along with lunch and dinner—in a casual setting.
- Splash into the indoor-outdoor pool, which has a spacious sun deck.
- Polished marble floors gleam in the lobby, complemented by dark leather furniture.
Atlanta: Urban Parks and Renowned Aquarium in Capital of the South
Named 1 of 50 Places of a Lifetime by National Geographic, Atlanta lies near the Chattahoochee River in Georgia's northwest region known for its famed trees: magnolias, pines, and dogwoods. Despite a metropolitan population of more than five million and what is considered the world's busiest airport by passenger count, Atlanta seems to always offer a relaxing escape. Stroll through the 185 acres of botanical gardens, hiking trails, and oaks at Piedmont Park, or study one of the country's largest Civil War exhibitions at the Atlanta History Center.
Anchored by historical Peachtree Street, the city's midtown area boasts a thriving arts-and-culture scene. Opened in 1929, the Fox Theatre features imposing Egyptian architecture and a custom-made organ with a network of 3,622 pipes. Tours take place on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The High Museum of Art spotlights more than 12,000 pieces of contemporary and folk art, ranging from Renaissance paintings to photographs from the civil-rights era. Kids might better enjoy the Georgia Aquarium, located downtown at Centennial Olympic Park. Considered the world's largest aquarium with more than 8 million gallons of fresh and marine water and more than 100,000 animals, the aquarium is home to beluga whales, lionfish, whale sharks, bottlenose dolphins, and more.