Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham El Paso Airport Hotel and Water Park
This family- and business-friendly El Paso hotel is steps from the airport and only about 15 minutes from the El Paso Museum of Art and the El Paso Museum of History. The hotel’s seasonal outdoor pool and water slide helped the hotel earn TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence in 2013.
- Complimentary shuttle to El Paso International Airport and within 3 miles of the hotel
- Custom-made omelets and dinner entrees with southwestern inflections at Magnim’s Restaurant
- Outdoor fire pit surrounded by comfy lounge chairs
- Free WiFi in guest rooms and suites
- Pamper yourself with a massage or hairstyling session, available at the hotel.
- Business perks include 17,000 square feet of event space, a tiered audio-visual theater, and free copying and printing services.
El Paso, Texas: Thriving Southwestern Town with Desert Landscape
El Paso is situated at the very southwestern tip of Texas along the Rio Grande, which forms the border with Mexico. Naturally, the influence of Mexico can be seen nearly everywhere in El Paso, from the architecture to the food. Authentic Mexican eateries abound in downtown El Paso, especially on Mesa Street, where you can sample flautas, carnitas burritos, and deshebrada tacos.
With more than 24,000 acres, El Paso’s Franklin Mountains State Park is the largest US park located entirely within a city. Here, you can explore the mountainous landscape on 100 miles of multiuse trails designed for hiking, biking, and piggyback riding.
Nearby, at the University of Texas at El Paso, you can get an up-close look of the Chihuahuan Desert at the Centennial Museum and Gardens. There are more than 600 varieties of native plants in the outdoor gardens, and inside the museum, there’s a variety of permanent exhibits on geology, native mammals, and regional fossils.