Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Garden Buffalo Grove
The Wyndham Garden Buffalo Grove is situated 35 miles north of Chicago in a quiet community known for its parks and family-friendly recreation. Hotel guests can stroll 4 miles of crushed-gravel trails at the Buffalo Creek Forest Preserve, located just a few blocks away. Some deal options include two tickets to either Medieval Times , where you can enjoy a feast while watching knights joust, or to Legoland in nearby Schaumburg.
- Take a swim in the hotel's heated indoor pool or relax in the whirlpool.
- Onsite dining at the Wyndham Garden Cafe, where the breakfast buffet includes made-to-order omelets
- In-room amenities: coffeemaker with Wolfgang Puck coffee, free WiFi, and cable TV with HBO
- Soak up the sun on the outdoor patio.
- Grab a free drink or appetizer at the Manager's Reception, held Monday–Thursday evenings.
- Squeeze in a workout at the onsite 24-hour fitness center.
- Free shuttle to attractions within a 3-mile radius
Highlights of Buffalo Grove and Chicagoland
- Buffalo Grove was named one of the U.S.'s100 best places to live in by Money magazine in 2009, thanks to its tree-lined streets, annual fine-arts festival, and 400 acres of parks.
- Stay active: You can play tennis and go biking in Green Lake Park, or go for a swim at the public pool in Willow Stream Park once summer rolls around.
- Nearby suburbs: You can browse in the quaint boutiques of historic Long Grove, or place your bets on a winner at the Arlington Park racetrack.
- Roller coaster thrills: Families will want to make a beeline for Six Flags Great America in nearby Gurnee, home to the Raging Bull roller coaster.
- Distance to Chicago: It's just an hour drive into Chicago, a world-class city for arts, culture, shopping, and dining.