Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Garden Buffalo Grove
The Wyndham Garden Buffalo Grove is situated 35 miles north of Chicago in a quiet community known for its parks and family-friendly recreation. Hotel guests can stroll 4 miles of crushed-gravel trails at the Buffalo Creek Forest Preserve, located just a few blocks away.
- Take a swim in the hotel’s heated indoor pool or relax in the whirlpool.
- Onsite dining at the Wyndham Garden Cafe, where the breakfast buffet includes made-to-order omelets
- In-room amenities: coffeemaker with Wolfgang Puck coffee, free WiFi, and cable TV with HBO
- Soak up the sun on the outdoor patio.
- Grab a free drink or appetizer at the Manager’s Reception, held Monday–Thursday evenings.
- Squeeze in a workout at the onsite 24-hour fitness center.
- Free shuttle to attractions within a 3-mile radius
- Family-friendly add-ons: With this deal, you can opt to add breakfast for two and Medieval Times or Legoland tickets to your stay.
Buffalo Grove, Illinois: Family-Friendly Suburb of Chicago with 400 Acres of Parks
Buffalo Grove, a quiet suburb 35 miles north of Chicago, was named one of the 100 best places to live in the U.S. by Money magazine in 2009, thanks to its tree-lined streets, annual fine-arts festival, and 400 acres of parks. You can play tennis and go biking in Green Lake Park, or go for a swim at the public pool in Willow Stream Park.
There’s also plenty to do in the surrounding area, from browsing in the quaint boutiques of historic Long Grove to placing your bets on a winner at the Arlington Park racetrack. Families will want to make a beeline for Six Flags Great America in nearby Gurnee. And all the arts, culture, shopping, and dining in Chicago is just a short drive away (you can also hop on the Metra’s North Central Service line for a 60-minute ride into the city).