This beachfront Wyndham hotel provides entertainment for guests with two outdoor pools, bicycle rentals, and free WiFi
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin
There’s no shortage of relaxation and beachside fun at the Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin. The hotel is located steps from a white-sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico, and two outdoor pools provide guests with plenty of space to lounge in the sun.
Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the beach.
- Room with a view: Some guest rooms overlook the Gulf of Mexico from private balconies.
- For extra space, choose a suite—they include full kitchens and sitting areas for extra comfort.
- Take a ride along the sandy shores on a bicycle from the onsite rental.
- Play a game in the onsite game room.
- Crab Island Café: Grab a coffee and breakfast at the onsite cafeteria or head to Manatee’s Bar & Grill for a burger and refreshing cocktail.
- Go fishing at the 1,262-foot-long Okaloosa Island Fishing Pier, located about a mile from the hotel.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida: White-Sand Beaches and Ancient History
A part of Florida’s Emerald Coast, Fort Walton Beach is home to miles of beautiful white-sand beaches. It’s said to have the region’s whitest and cleanest sand; the uniformly oval shape of each grain causes a slight squeak when walked upon. Visitors to Fort Walton Beach can also expect to find championship golf courses and plentiful shopping in the Uptown shopping district.
Though the area’s earliest permanent European settlers didn’t arrive until 1821, Native American history here dates back 14,000 years. This history is documented at the Indian Temple Mound Museum, which features more than 1,000 artifacts of shell, bone, and clay, as well as one of the country’s best collections of prehistoric ceramics. The Heritage Park & Cultural Center, which includes the Indian Temple Mound Museum, also covers the history of pirates, the American Civil War, and early settlers.