Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Garden San Antonio near La Cantera
The Wyndham Garden San Antonio near La Cantera is about a half-hour drive from downtown, but you don’t have to stray far from the hotel to find things to do. Six Flags Fiesta Texas is just a couple miles down the road, while The Shops at La Cantera and the University of Texas at San Antonio are both right across the street. After a day of exploring, return to the hotel to relax around an outdoor fireplace in the furnished courtyard.
- In-room amenities: 32-inch flat screen HDTV, iPod docking station, microwave, Wolfgang Puck coffee and tea, and pillow-top mattresses
- Mexican cuisine is served up for breakfast and dinner at the onsite Sabor Restaurant.
- Go swimming in the heated outdoor pool and hot tub.
- 24-hour fitness center stocked with cardio equipment, free weights, balance balls, and fresh towels
- Head into the heart of the city: Wyndham Garden San Antonio near La Cantera is only 20 miles from downtown San Antonio.
Greater San Antonio: River Walk and Amusement Parks near Texas Hill Country
San Antonio draws upwards of 20 million visitors each year. Most come to see the Alamo and to stroll along the city’s 15-mile River Walk. The downtown segment of the walk is by far the liveliest; located about 15 miles from the hotel, its winding stone pathways lead to restaurants and cantinas, public art installations, and the massive Rivercenter Mall.
The Museum and Mission Reach extensions of the River Walk—added more recently—connect you to the San Antonio Museum of Art and the city’s historic Spanish colonial missions, respectively. Families might want to venture beyond downtown to SeaWorld San Antonio and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, both located on the outskirts of the city.
Go a little further and you’ll find yourself in the rolling landscape of Texas Hill Country. The picturesque region is a playground for residents of San Antonio and other nearby cities, who come to go fishing and hiking, visit wineries, and feast their eyes on meadows carpeted with bluebonnets. An especially popular spot for hiking and rock climbing is the Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, where the main attraction is a gigantic pink-granite dome.