Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown
This Wyndham Garden hotel is set in the heart of downtown Wichita, within walking distance of shops and restaurants and a few blocks from the Arkansas River. Having underdone a recent renovation, the property has everything travelers need for a comfortable and convenient stay, including onsite dining, a pool, free parking, and more.
- Park for free and take the shuttle to local area attractions anytime from 7 a.m.—11 p.m.
- Go for a soak in the hot tub, relax in the sauna, or splash around in the outdoor pool.
- Renovated rooms feature microwaves and mini fridges, as well as views of downtown.
- Dig in to American-style favorites at the onsite restaurant, which serves cooked-to-order breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There’s also a cocktail lounge.
- Within walking distance: downtown’s Century II Performing Arts and Convention Center and the INTRUST Bank Arena
- Try your luck at the Kansas Star Casino
- The Wichita Mid-Continent Airport is less than 7 miles away
Wichita, Kansas: Air Capital of the World and Cultural Haven
If you’ve ever traveled in an airplane, you probably have Wichita to thank. The largest city in Kansas—known as the “Air Capital of the World”—has played a pivotal (and ongoing) role in the field of aircraft manufacturing, churning out planes for Cessna, Boeing, Learjet, and others.
It’s a pretty city ribboned by the Arkansas River, with a number of noteworthy attractions. At the Museum of World Treasures, you can look at more than 3,000 historical artifacts from around the world, including Egyptian relics and religious art from Asia. Visit the Kansas Aviation Museum to learn more about the city’s aeronautical past and see antique planes firsthand.
Other enjoyable ways to spend your time here include biking along paved riverfront paths, watching a Wichita Symphony performance at the round, blue-topped Century II Performing Arts & Convention Center, and strolling through Botanica, a 17.6-acre garden with roses, fountains, and a special area for butterflies.