Spacious Rooms at Wyndham near Jacksonville’s Family-Friendly River Walk
The Saint Johns River—which neatly slices Jacksonville, Florida, down the middle—is one of the only rivers in America that flows north. Along its banks lies Jacksonville Landing, a popular downtown area with swanky shops, creative eateries, live music clubs, and more than 300 special outdoor events held every year. The Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk occupies a prime spot directly across the river from the Landing and in the heart of the city’s trendy San Marco entertainment district.
Each standard room in the hotel features contemporary, warm decor, with marigold-yellow walls and golden-hued linens. In the morning, you can head downstairs for a cooked-to-order breakfast in the Wyndham’s St. John’s Cafe, then snooze in the sun next to the outdoor pool.
Highlights of Jacksonville, Florida
- Location: 25 miles from the Georgia state line
- Claim to fame: Jacksonville has the distinction of being the largest city, area-wise, in the continental United States.
- Green space: More than 80,000 acres of parkland lie within the city limits. A particularly nice spot is Tree Hill Nature Center, which is crisscrossed with 50 acres of trails leading through shady forests.
- San Marco is one of Jacksonville’s oldest neighborhoods. It's filled with 1920s-era Mediterranean Revival homes with balconies, terra-cotta tile roofs, and elaborate carvings.
- San Marco Square: When the sun goes down, head to this open piazza surrounded by upscale restaurants and an old-fashioned movie theater.