Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Palm Aire
You don’t have to venture far from the family-friendly condos at Wyndham Palm Aire to find adventure in Pompano Beach, Florida. Just next door, you can hit the links on two championship golf courses at the Palm Aire Country Club (discount to guests staying at Wyndham Palm Aire). Pompano Beach’s inviting waters are just 10 minutes away by car, or you can hop on a free shuttle that ferries you to the sister resort, Wyndham Royal Vista, which sits on a private stretch of beachfront that’s perfect for sun-bathing or building subdivisions out of sand.
- Roomy condos: The property’s one- and two-bedroom condos come with private balconies and full kitchens to make you feel right at home.
- Splish splash: The resort has four outdoor pools with volleyball nets and kid-friendly water slides.
- Grab a bite at the The Palms Marketplace Cafe
- Distance from the beach: 5 miles
- Get pampered: There’s a full-service spa onsite.
- Channel Arnold Palmer on the complimentary 18-hole mini-golf course.
Pompano Beach, Florida: Beach Adventure Along a Living Coral Reef
Pompano Beach is a town drawn to the water—fishermen tie their boats to the end of a wooden fishing pier that extends 1,000 feet into the Atlantic Ocean. Off-shore, you can snorkel above a coral reef and watch tropical fish dart amid the colorful plant life. Parasailing and windsurfing also attract vacationers to this “Heart of the Gold Coast.” Further inland, the Fern Forest Nature Park spans 250 acres of wetlands and forests thriving with exotic plants and reptiles.
In the winter, racehorses charge around the track at Pompano Park, known as the “winter capital of harness racing.” The park also houses a casino with slot machines and table games that offer 24-hour play on the weekends.