Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Families can pet exotic animals at Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo, see vintage fighter planes at the Tennessee Museum of Aviation, and ride roller coasters at Dollywood—all less than 15 minutes from the roomy condos at Wyndham Smoky Mountains. Tucked in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, this resort packs in amenities to entertain kids and grownups alike once they’ve explored the attractions nearby.
- Relax: Take a dip in two indoor and two outdoor saltwater pools, unwind in two outdoor hot tubs, or spend some time in the dry sauna.
- Fun for kids: onsite playground, activities program, and two mini-golf courses
- Luxury condos feature mini or full kitchens, and some have whirlpool tubs and balconies.
- Notable awards: TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence in 2013 and 2014
- Great outdoors: Great Smoky Mountains National Park is about a half-hour drive away.
Sevierville, Tennessee: Family-Friendly Fun in the Great Smoky Mountains
Sevierville is a scenic day trip away from such attractions as Gatlinburg’s museums and live shows and Great Smoky Mountains National Park. In town, families can visit Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo to see rare cotton-top tamarin monkeys, african crested porcupines, and other rainforest animals.
A bronze statue of Sevierville native Dolly Parton presides over the downtown area, which features a century-old courthouse and old-fashioned wedding chapels. But this is far from the only Dolly-inspired attraction in the area—drive about 10 minutes south of Sevierville to zoom down amusement-park rides and water slides at Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country in Pigeon Forge.