Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Families can pet exotic animals at Rainforest Adventures Discover Zoo, see vintage fighter planes at the Tennessee Museum of Aviation, and ride roller coasters at Dollywood—all less than 15 minutes from the roomy condos at Wyndham Smoky Mountains. Tucked in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, this award-winning hotel packs in amenities to entertain kids and grownups alike as they explore the attractions nearby.
- Relax: Take a dip in two indoor and two outdoor saltwater pools, unwind in two outdoor hot tubs, or spend some time the dry sauna
- Luxury condos feature full kitchens, and some have whirlpool tubs and balconies.
- Notable nods: The resort earned TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2013.
- Distance to Great Smoky Mountain National Park: Less than a half hour drive.
- Ride a steam train inside Dollywood, which is just a short drive south of Sevierville (Dollywood reopens March 22, 2014)
Sevierville, Tennessee: Family-Friendly Fun in the Great Smoky Mountains
Sevierville is a scenic day trip away from such attractions as Dollywood, Gatlinburg, and Great Smoky Mountains National Park. In town, families can visit Rainforest Adventures and Discovery Zoo to see rare cotton-top tamarin monkeys, african-crested porcupines, and other indigenous rainforest animals.
A bronze statue of Sevierville native Dolly Parton presides over the historic downtown area, which features a century-old courthouse and old-fashioned wedding chapels. But this is far from the only Dolly-inspired attraction in the area—drive about ten minutes south of Sevierville to zoom down amusement-park rides and waterslides at Dollywood and Dollywood Splash Park in Pigeon Forge. Continue farther south to reach Gatlinburg, with tempts those en route to the national park to stop at its museums and live shows.