Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Tampa Westshore
Situated just 5 miles from downtown Tampa and 3 miles from Tampa International Airport, the Wyndham Tampa Westshore is a family-friendly hotel near Old Tampa Bay. With marble floors, teak furnishings, and earthy hues, the resort epitomizes breezy Florida living. Standard rooms comfortably fit families of four and are equipped with mini refrigerators and 32-inch flat-screen TVs.
- Take a dip: Heated outdoor pool and hot tub
- Onsite restaurant: Blue Water Grill, open for three meals daily
- Score a free drink: Monday–Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the manager’s reception; Friday is an ice-cream social
- Other free perks: Airport shuttle, WiFi, food for kids aged 11 or younger at the onsite restaurant, and M&M’s at the front desk
- Get caffeinated: Onsite Allegro Coffee
- Best way to get around: Free local shuttle, which runs within a 3-mile radius of the hotel
- Must-see nearby attraction: The Florida Aquarium, discount tickets are available at the front desk
Tampa, Florida: Sunny Days, Beaches, and Busch Gardens
Given that Tampa has more than 15 white-sand beaches and nearly 250 sunny days a year, it should come as no surprise that Forbes magazine ranked it the fifth best city in America for enjoying the outdoors. Set on the Gulf Coast, about 90 miles southwest of Orlando, the city offers abundant green spaces as well as year-round opportunities for fishing, surfing, and golfing on waterfront courses.
Roller coasters and exotic animals share real estate at Busch Gardens Tampa, a theme park designed to evoke the thrills of an African safari. Like a big cat sprinting after its prey, Cheetah Hunt—one of the park’s newer thrill rides—reaches speeds of up to 60 miles per hour. Back on solid ground, you can get up close and personal with more than 2,000 animals living in detailed replicas of their natural habitats.
The nearby Courtney Campbell Causeway provides easy access to Clearwater Beach and St. Petersburg, picturesque towns located on the peninsula between Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. They’re known for their festive seafood restaurants, as well as outdoor attractions such as dolphin-watching cruises and nature preserves. For shopping, head to Tampa’s International Plaza and Bay Street, home to luxury retailers such as Burberry and Tory Burch.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.