Hotel at a Glance: Zermatt Resort
The AAA Four Diamond Zermatt Resort offers a Swiss-inspired retreat just across the Wasatch Range mountains from Salt Lake City. Enjoy a breakfast of fresh baked goods before hitting nearby hiking or mountain-biking trails.
- Tee off at the sister property’s links at Homestead Resort’s Crater Springs Golf Course.
- In-room amenities: flat-screen TVs, down comforters, and free WiFi
- Add-ons: This offer includes the daily resort fee (which covers parking among other things) and daily shuttle transportation.
- Z’s Steak & Chop Haus serves prime aged steaks, seafood, chicken schnitzel, and bone-in rib eye.
- The Spa at Zermatt Resort offers a full menu of treatments as well as a dry sauna, an aromatherapy steam grotto, an indoor pool, and a hot tub with a waterfall.
Heber Valley, Utah: Lush Alpine Scenery Close to World-Class Hiking
The Heber Valley, located less than 20 miles from Park City, across the Wasatch Range, is a top-notch outdoor-recreation spot. You’ll find a wealth of hillside hiking trails, rolling golf courses, and mountain streams teeming with rainbow trout. Heber Valley’s towns are noted for their laid-back atmosphere and proximity to four world-class mountain resorts, including the acclaimed Deer Valley Resort.
One of the main towns of Heber Valley is Midway. The city’s Homestead caldera is a natural hot spring and one of the only warm-water scuba-diving spots in the continental United States. Surrounded by a 10,000-year-old limestone dome, the swimming hole—known locally as “The Crater”—remains a balmy 90–96 degrees year-round.
Heber City, the valley’s other major community, has been called the “Switzerland of America” thanks to its pastoral farms surrounded by towering mountains. Don’t miss the Heber Valley Railroad, which takes passengers along a historic three-hour route into Provo Canyon via 100-year-old restored steam and diesel trains.