Hotel at a Glance: Blue Moon Rising Village
The Blue Moon Rising Village is a tiny community of eco-friendly small cabins built by local craftsmen deep in the Maryland woods, close to Deep Creek Lake. The Village only has parking up at its main entrance, meaning there will be little to no car exhaust, headlights, or noise that will disturb you and your family as you enjoy the gorgeous setting.
- Unique cabins: Every cabin has a different layout and design features, some with sleeping lofts and front or back porches, and all have reclaimed furnishings throughout.
- Fully furnished: Each cabin comes with a full kitchen suite that includes a mini fridge, coffee pot, and cook-top stove
- Go hiking through Rising Village’s 116 acres of trails.
- Gorgeous views of Deep Lake Creek and timber forests
- Daily activities are scheduled for guests, and you can also arrange to go skiing, swimming, whitewater rafting, and lake kayaking.
McHenry, Maryland: Hiking and Climbing near Deep Creek Lake
It’s only a couple hours or so from Pittsburgh, DC, and Baltimore, but rural McHenry, Maryland, feels a world away from the hustle and bustle of city life. It’s an outdoors-lover’s dream, with the 3,900-acre Deep Creek Lake and easygoing hiking trails. Some of the most beautiful scenery in the area can be found at Swallow Falls State Park, where hiking trails wind through hemlock-shaded gorges along the Youghiogheny River. The main attraction is Muddy Creek Falls, a stunning, 53-foot waterfall.