Top Reasons to Stay at Bodega Harbor Inn
- It’s set in Bodega Bay's Old Town, overlooking the scenic Bodega Harbor. The rocky harbor is home to several fishing fleets and is a popular wind-surfing site.
- Three Sonoma Valley vineyards are just east of town; as part of this deal, you’ll enjoy a tastings at all three wineries.
- The old-fashioned, family-run Bodega Harbor Inn fits right in with its seaside setting. The rooms are done up with antique furnishings and equipped with flat-screen cable TVs. The king cottage rooms are in their own buildings with decks and hot tubs.
- The Spyglass House features three bedrooms, two bathrooms, two fireplaces, scenic ocean and harbor views, and overlooks the golf course.
- The inn is five minutes away from the public 18-hole The Links at Bodega Harbour golf course, which was designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr—tee times are available through December.
- Bodega Bay is where Hitchcock’s The Birds was filmed and—as it happens—is a popular spot for bird watching.
Bodega Bay, California: Dungeness Crab, Whale Watching, and Famous Movie Site
Bodega Bay is roughly 70 miles north of San Francisco on Northern California’s rocky Sonoma coast. It’s a tiny fishing village—more than 300 fleets operate here to haul in Dungeness crab and king salmon. Naturally, most of Bodega Bay’s activity centers on the harbor of the same name. At Tides Wharf, you can watch fishing boats bring in their catches, and then dine on seafood at local restaurants. It’s also possible to take a charter boat to cast out for your own fish or to go whale watching—thousands gray whales migrate south around here each December—May.
Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds was filmed in the village of Bodega Bay. Tourists and Hitchcock-philes frequent Potter Schoolhouse, which was featured heavily in the film. Thankfully, the real-life local birds are friendlier; at nearby Bodega Head State Park, you can hike along the trails and granite bluffs—keep an eye out for warblers, pelicans, and sandpipers.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.