Hotel at a Glance: Brook Pointe Inn
The Brook Pointe Inn offers guests a romantic getaway just minutes from the shores of Lake Wawasee. Walk the hotel's wooded trails to explore the 20-acre property, or head to the lake to fish or swim.
- Jacuzzi tubs in some guest rooms make for relaxing evenings.
- Romance package: Sip sparkling grape juice while enjoying a chocolate lava cake; breakfast is also included.
- Go for a swim in the indoor pool.
- Try something new: The hotel offers such classes as scuba, nutrition, water Zumba, and Baptiste yoga.
- Grab dinner at nearby Grill-N-Grate BBQ for St. Louis–style pork ribs and beef-brisket sandwiches.
Syracuse, Indiana: Lakefront Living in Northern Indiana
You're never far from the waterfront in Syracuse—the town boasts seven lakes, including the largest natural lake in the state, Lake Wawasee. The 3,500-acre lake is a popular destination all year long. When the lake freezes over, snowmobiling, ice fishing, and ice boating are popular pastimes. Warm-weather activities include swimming and boating (fishing boats, pontoon boats, and jet skis are available to rent at the lake).
Syracuse is also home to a thriving artistic community. Downtown Syracuse—a charming community on the shores of Syracuse Lake—is lined with galleries and shops selling locally made artwork and crafts.