Top Reasons to Stay at Brown Mountain Beach Resort
- Built in the early 1900s, the resort sits right on the banks of Wilson Creek, where you can go kayaking, canoeing, or swimming.
- Options 3 and 4 with this Groupon include a tubing or canoeing excursion. The tubing trip for up to four includes three hours of tubing with shuttle transportation; the canoeing trip for two is a four- to six-hour outing with shuttle transportation and a bag lunch.
- Guests can hike, go horseback riding, and ride ATVs in the surrounding Pisgah National Forest.
- Each of the cottages has a fully stocked kitchen and a front porch facing the creek. Some units have private hot tubs.
- You can order a sandwich made with local bread, meat, and vegetables at the resort’s farm-to-table sandwich shop.
- The staff can arrange romantic, in-room dinners or couples massages with candlelight and scented oils.
Lenoir, North Carolina: Hiking, Whitewater Rafting, and Trout Fishing in the Pisgah National Forest
Lenoir sits in the middle of the Pisgah National Forest in western North Carolina, about 90 minutes from Asheville. The town was named for Revolutionary War captain William Lenoir, whose restored home, Fort Defiance, is open for tours all year long.
Lenoir is surrounded by dense woods that are crossed with hiking and ATV trails leading to rocky vistas and hidden waterfalls. You can catch trout and smallmouth bass in the many rivers and streams that run through the forest preserve. It’s also a great place for whitewater rafting—the Class IV and Class V rapids of Wilson Creek Gorge are just a few miles away.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.