Resort at a Glance: Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
Right on the beach in downtown Puerto Vallarta, the all-inclusive Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa, Puerto Vallarta caters to sun lovers and culture seekers in equal measure. The city's famous malecón boardwalk is a five-minute walk away, though you might have a hard time leaving the colorful resort.
- All you can eat and drink: Head to the resort's four restaurants and three bars, which include Mediterranean specialties at Sunset Restaurant and fruity cocktails at the Cabana Bar.
- Take a dip in either of the resort's two heated, salt-purified pools. Adults can find refuge in the adults-only section.
- Pamper yourself at Shakti Spa, which offers a wide range of massages, facials, and body treatments (additional fee required).
- Family-friendly: Kids aged 4–12 will enjoy hanging out at the CANDU kids' club; activities include soccer and arts and crafts.
- Outdoor adventure: Learn to scuba dive, take a cooking class, or kayak the ocean; the resort's recreation program can get you all set up.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico: Tropical Paradise with Cosmopolitan Flair
Puerto Vallarta is perhaps Mexico’s most sophisticated vacation destination, with expansive beaches, trendy restaurants, and cobblestone streets leading to beautifully preserved 19th-century churches. A 16-block boardwalk known as the malecón offers unobstructed ocean views as it extends from the city center, past fountains and a famous 9-foot-high statue of a boy riding a seahorse. This family-friendly city offers mountain tours including canopy ziplining, ATVs, and horseback riding, as well as ocean activities including fishing, scuba, and boat rides.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR) is about a 15 minute drive to the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon voucher covers two guests. Adding occupants above standard: $88 per night for each additional guest 13 and older; $38 per night for kids 7 to 12, and kids 6 and under are free.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Timeshares are common in Mexico and so are the sales pitches that accompany them. You may be asked at hotel check-in if you are interested in attending sales presentation. If you don’t want to attend, simply decline and you won’t be approached again. If you decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included in this Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Reservations are required at Sunset Restaurant and Rodisso. Dress code is elegant casual: tennis shoes or dressy sandals, dress shirt with short sleeves and collar, and slacks.