Top Reasons to Visit Buffalo Hills Resort
- The resort spreads across 360 acres in the hills of southeastern Ohio, near Amish country.
- A herd of buffalo lives on the resort grounds. Keep a camera handy to snap photos of them grazing.
- The resort is located less than 5 miles from Seneca Lake (formerly Senecaville Lake), where you can fish for catfish and largemouth bass, go boating, or have a picnic.
- You can take a guided horseback ride on the trails crisscrossing the property.
- Other onsite recreation opportunities include ATV rentals, mini golf, and fishing.
- Most of the cabins come equipped with full kitchens.
Senecaville, Ohio: Quiet Village near Southeastern Ohio’s Amish Country and Seneca Lake
The small village of Senecaville sits in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in southeastern Ohio. The verdant hillsides are dotted with Amish farmhouses where locals sell baked goods and handcrafted furniture. It’s not uncommon to see a horse and buggy clopping along the tree-lined streets. Not far from Buffalo Hills Resort, you can go fishing at Seneca Lake, a manmade reservoir that’s one of largest bodies of water in the state.
For a fun day trip, take the 90-minute drive west to Columbus. Some of the capital city’s major attractions include the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and COSI, which entertains kids and adults with hundreds of interactive exhibits.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.