Hotel at a Glance: Bungalow Beach Resort
Bungalow Beach Resort’s breezy lodgings are tucked amid a grove of palm trees on the beach, just steps from the Gulf of Mexico. Guests can kick back at the resort or take a scenic half-hour drive to such family-friendly attractions as Sarasota’s The Ringling Circus Museum and Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium.
- Retro bungalows and studios soak in sunlight via skylights.
- A waterfall feeds a heated outdoor pool.
- Shaded lounge chairs look out on the Gulf of Mexico.
- Hibiscus and palm trees give the property a secluded feel and shade the courtyard’s grills and wicker tables.
- Notable awards include winning TripAdvisor’s 2013 Certificate of Excellence and being named TripAdvisor’s “#1 Romantic Hotel in Bradenton Beach.”
Anna Maria Island, Florida: Relaxed Resort Community with Picture-Perfect Beaches
The warm, sunny weather and postcard-ready sunsets of Florida’s Gulf Coast draw year-round vacationers to Anna Maria Island and the city of Anna Maria, which has been dubbed one of America’s Prettiest Towns by Forbes magazine. The historic city pier bustles with beach-themed stores and a popular ice-cream shop. The Anna Maria Island Historical Society displays regularly changing exhibits of period costumes and rare photographs in a facility located next to an old jailhouse that’s open for tours and self-administered claustrophobia tests.
The region’s lush flora blooms at the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, which encompasses 14 acres abounding with more than 20,000 exotic plants and trees. After a day of culture and horticulture, you can kick back in eateries serving fresh seafood and fruity cocktails at tables set right out on the beach.