Hotel at a Glance: Bungalow Beach Resort
Bungalow Beach Resort’s breezy lodgings are tucked amid a grove of palm trees on the beach, footsteps from the Gulf of Mexico. Guests can kick back in the bungalows or take scenic half-hour drives to such family-friendly attractions as Sarasota’s The Ringling Circus Museum or Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium.
- Retro bungalows and studios soak in sunlight via screened porches and skylights.
- A waterfall feeds a heated outdoor pool.
- Shaded lounge chairs look out on the Gulf of Mexico.
- Hibiscus and palm trees give the property a secluded feel and shade the courtyard’s grills and wicker tables.
- Notable awards include winning TripAdvisor’s 2013 Certificate of Excellence and being named TripAdvisor’s “#1 Romantic Hotel in Bradenton Beach.”<p>
Anna Maria Island, Florida: Relaxed Resort Community with Picture-Perfect Beaches
The warm, sunny weather and postcard-ready sunsets of Florida’s Gulf Coast draw vacationers to Anna Maria Island and the city of Anna Maria, called one of America’s Prettiest Towns, year-round. The historical Anna Maria city pier bustles with beach-themed stores and a popular ice-cream shop. The Anna Maria Island Historical Society displays regularly changing exhibits of period costumes and rare photographs in a museum located next to an old local jail open for tours or self-administered claustrophobia tests.
The region’s lush flora blooms at the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, which encompasses 14 acres abounding with more than 20,000 exotic plants and trees. After a day of culture and horticulture, visitors kick back in eateries serving fresh seafood and fruity cocktails at tables set right out on the beach.