What You Get
An eight-day Kenyan safari, including:
- All accommodations
- All meals and complimentary bottled water daily
- Transportation, including roundtrip airfare from JFK or IAD, airport transfers, and private safari transport
- Unlimited game drives
- All national-park, reserve, and conservation fees
- Complimentary enrollment in emergency air-evacuation service
- An English-speaking driver/guide, and the services of English-speaking cooks and porters
Animals Abound on Safari Adventure Across the Kenyan Plains
Taking a safari, like using night-vision binoculars to watch raccoons separate paper and plastic, reveals how animals truly behave in nature. Immerse yourself in the wilds of Kenya with today’s Getaway from Odyssey Safaris. Choose from the following options:
For $3,600, travel with a friend (price per person) on the safari package. This option is valid only in conjunction with a second Groupon, and allows you to combine your Groupon with a friend’s for a two-person trip without putting the entire cost on one credit card. If one person cancels later, the other may upgrade to the one-person option for a $500 fee paid to Odyssey Safaris.
Or, for $4,100, one person can travel on the safari package.
Or, for $7,200, two people can travel on the safari package.
Airfare is priced per person, but hotel stays are based on double occupancy, so single travelers should purchase the one-person option in order to get the full package. Click here to see the eight-day itinerary.
Jets will depart New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) or Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) and touch down in Nairobi, where Odyssey Safaris staff await to shuttle guests to the Nairobi Safari Park Hotel, tucked amid 50 acres of manicured gardens. Wayfarers can explore the Kenyan capital for the day or rest up on the hotel’s antique four-poster beds.
The next morning, the group journeys to the northern plains of Samburu National Reserve for two days in pursuit of elephants, beisa oryx, zebras, and giraffes, grazing against a stunning backdrop of Mount Kenya. After the sun dips below the Rift Valley horizon, tuckered travelers doze off within their luxe tents at Ashnil Samburu camp as the calls of distant animals carry through the night.
The following day and a half is spent trekking through Lake Nakuru National Park, with a trip to the shores of the eponymous watering hole, aflutter with millions of pink flamingos on vacation from America’s lawns and the occasional rhino trotting along the shore. The cozy, chalet-style rooms at the Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge ensure a good night’s sleep, and sunrise on the private patios overlooking Lake Nakuru ushers in an adventure-filled day.
The expedition culminates at the Masai Mara National Reserve, one of Kenya’s premiere wildlife sanctuaries, punctuated by undulating hills and an abundance of fauna, including more than 53 bird-of-prey species. Elephants lumber about as gazelles dart spritely through the grasslands. Safari-goers may glimpse lions, leopards, and cheetahs stalking prey, or snap photos of hippos sparring in the Mara River. Come nightfall, the well-appointed tents at the Ashnil Mara camp beckon.
How to Book
- Purchase Groupon.
- Call or e-mail Odyssey Safaris.
- Choose a date prior to 5/16/12.
- Mention your Groupon and provide your credit-card info. If purchasing the "travel with a friend" option, mention both travelers' Groupons.
What It's Worth
For $3,600, split the cost and travel with a friend on an eight-day Kenyan safari, including all meals, transportation, and roundtrip airfare from JFK or IAD to Nairobi Safaris (two Groupons needed; up to $6,000 value each).
Or, for $4,100, one person gets an eight-day Kenyan safari, including all meals, transportation, and roundtrip airfare from JFK or IAD to Nairobi (up to $6,500 value).
Or, for $7,200, two people get an eight-day Kenyan safari, including all meals, transportation, and roundtrip airfare from JFK or IAD to Nairobi (up to $12,000 value).
- Promotional value expires Dec 1, 2011. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 12/1/11, must complete travel by 5/16/12
- Travel w/friend option: limit 5 per person
- 1-person option: limit 25 per person
- 2-people option: limit 10 per person
- Limit 1 per visit
- $500 fee applies for cancellation more than 90 days in advance
- Fee of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies for cancellation less than 90 days in advance
- Must be 3 or older to check-in
- New clients only
- Not valid w/reward points
- $150 airport tax & NYS resident tax not included
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings