Hotel at a Glance: Camano Island Inn
From its perch on the western part of the island, Camano Island Inn looks out onto gorgeous views of Puget Sound. Guests can stroll along the beach during the day—the inn is just steps away from the waterfront—and watch a glimmering sunset over the Olympic Mountains each evening. You might also spot some local wildlife, including eagles and shorebirds, seals, and sea otters.
- A room with a view: All rooms have private waterfront decks overlooking the sound.
- Recipe for romance: Toast the gorgeous views with wine or mimosas, included in this Getaway.
- In-room comforts include feather beds, goose down comforters, and heated tile floors in the bathroom
- Free breakfast: Made-to-order dishes range from omelets and bananas foster french toast to prime rib hash and eggs
- Signature spa treatments: Groupon customers get 10% off a Heaven Bee Sting or Elemis facial.
- Why visit now: You can watch the fog roll in over Puget Sound and then warm up by the fireplace with a cup of homemade soup.
Camano Island, Washington: Pristine Island in Puget Sound
Blue herons and other shorebirds wander the shoreline of Camano Island, a pristine island in the middle of Puget Sound. The area is home to seals, sea otters, and eagles, as well as orca and california gray whales in the early spring. Camano Island feels like a secluded hideaway, but thanks to a bridge at the northern tip of the island, getting here is a cinch. It's just a one-hour drive from Seattle. On the way in, stop at Camano Island Marketplace to pick up locally roasted coffee and artisan foods.
The island harbors two state parks: Camano Island State Park, a 6,700-foot stretch of shoreline with great shellfishing, and Cama Beach State Park, which contains a refurbished 1930s fishing camp. Both parks are open year-round.